Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Sugar Cookies!

It is our famiy tradition each Christmas to bake Christmas-themed sugar cookies and paint them together. We use my Great Great Grandma's sugar cookie recipe, and they are sooooo good, Christmas just wouldn't be the same without them.

So, since we are staying here on St. Kitts for Christmas, I decided we had to carry on the tradition even away from home. So my Mom mailed me 4 cookie cutters, we invited over some friends, and the tradition continued......(thanks Mom!!!)


Rolling the dough
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Using the Christmas cookie cutters my Mom mailed to St. Kitts for me
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Flour everywhere!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Once they are done baking, it's time to paint!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Cory is hard at work, adding every little detail possible
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We had alot of cookies to paint!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We even had some little helpers stop by and paint a cookie or two (and eat 3 or 4). Don't even ask how many I ate!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And the final result of all our hard work:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We actually had alot more than what is seen in the pictures, but many were sent home with friends, and many were eaten immediately
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Marlin & Judi said...

Wow - I really hope we are together for Christmas in the very near future because that looks like fun and delicious. I don't suppose if you mailed us one it would taste the same!! hint hint