Friday, December 08, 2006

In Memory Of Abban

To our loving cat Abban,

You were tragically taken from us far too early, and we miss you more than it seems possible. You were such a presence in our lives, and our house is quiet and empty without you. You were a major part of our family, more like a child than a pet, and now our family feels incomplete.
But we don't want to dwell on the sadness of your loss...we would rather remember your funny quirks and the good times we spent with you.

We will miss your BIG affinity for food (human food OR just plain old grass)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And your crazy love of catnip




We will miss your playful goofiness
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And your goofy poses
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We will miss your great ability to walk on a leash just like a dog
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And our adventures together on that same leash (the park and the ocean....how many cats can say they have hung out at the ocean?)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Most of all, we will just miss your companionship
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"I can't begin to express the joy you've brought to my life the last 5 1/2 years... You were my first kitten and you managed to change my view on cats forever. You were the ultimate 'cool cat' with your swagger and confidence. You were majestic and powerful like a king, yet you let out the kitten in you when it came time to wrestle and chase each other around the house. Our home is much quieter without you. I could understand you when you talked to me, and I swear you understood me when I talked to you. Well, hear this,.. you will always be in my heart and I thank you for all the happiness you've brought me. I am so proud to have been your buddy, and when we leave this island, you'll be with us again wherever we go." Love ya buddy, Cory

"I met you when Cory and I first starting dating, and I can easily say that I fell in love with you and Lladra instantly. I loved how you would cuddle with me in bed on the days I slept in, purring away and kneading the blankets with your giant paws (of course, this could only happen if you had awakened us at 5am to feed you first). And I loved your playfulness, getting to chase you around the apartment while you ran with your tail straight up in the air, enjoying every moment. You were an amazing cat, one in a million, and we were lucky to have known you. I think about you every day, and I miss you so so much. Rest in peace...we will never forget you!" Love, Julia


Abban's body will be buried in the pasture at Ross University. He will be buried with a picture of Lladra, his favorite mouse, some catnip and of course, some food. His spirit has outlived his body and will be with us forever.

5 comments:

Krista K. said...

A beautiful way to say goodbye. Abban will be missed.

Our Condolences during this time,
Mondo, Krista and Rockstar

Marlin & Judi said...

Cory and Julia

This is a beautiful tribute to Abban. I got teary eyed reading it. You guys have so much love in your hearts and you share it with your pets like they are your kids. Thats awesome, dont ever change. I am sad for you guys. Find another kitty, another Abban. I know there will never be one just like him, though. Its great that you did this tribute. Love you both,

Pops

Marlin & Judi said...

I can't help but cry as I read this - it is an awesome tribute to Abban, a very deserving pet. He touched me in a special way as well and I too will not forget him or his antics.

I remember when we were selling our house and he would con the realtor into feeding him every time she showed the house. The realtor was convinced we were starving him.

Love to you both - wish we were close by, especially at times like this.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Cory,
I miss Abban, she was a really good kitty. I'm crying right now because I miss Abban and I don't get to see her again. I like the picture of Abban in my cat bed. I love you.
Reilly

*KAT* said...

julia im so sorry for your loss. i absolutely adore all the pictures of abban. i love what you told me about keeping all those pictures that seem totally random and dont have a real purpose, i must have hundreds of my cats! abban looks like a cat with an amazing personality, its really awesome when you find such a special companion. =) the video of him is so precious! i know how hard it is to lose a pet, ive lost many cats, most of them in a very tragic way. =( just know that theyre all up in kitty heaven, waiting for us to join them, we WILL see them again!

so now for some more spirited chat...i think kt and i are going to come visit you within the next 4-5 months or so!!! well have to work out the details, but i cant wait to see you!

hugs & kisses,

kato