Monday, November 20, 2006

More And More Cruise Ships

As we get closer and closer to December, we get closer to peak tourist season, which runs approx. December 15th through April 15th. It is starting to become apparent that tourist season is close, because the cruise ships are now coming in almost every other day. I haven't really seen a cruise ship up close since I was a toddler and went on a cruise to Mexico with my mom, but they really are amazing. It is hard to imagine how something of that magnitude is designed and constructed. Here are some shots I have taken of the most recent cruise ships


Here are two pulled in at the same time, one with the bow facing shore, and one with the bow facing the Caribbean
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And one lit up at night, getting ready to head out into the Caribbean again
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here is one sailing off into the distance
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And finally, I thought this was kind of cool. I was driving down our street, headed home from the grocery store, and I could see one sitting way out in the water at the end of our street. It was just so strange seeing it sitting down our street, so I snapped a few shots
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: